Monday, July 15, 2013

home stretch

I've been having a hard time getting myself to sit still long enough to write. Or write something of any substance anyway. Not that I really write substantial posts...I can't honestly say that the workings featured here are prone to the philosophical, can you?

It's this whole being pregnant thing. I'm not due until August 23, so I'm definitely not in the "waiting game" stage, but it's starting to feel like it. I'm restless and antsy and always want to do something without quite knowing what that something is. As far as blogging is concerned, it used to be something I set my alarm for a little earlier so that I could think in peace before Sean and Jordan arose. Now, due to nightly bathroom trips and the toss-toss-toss from side to side all night, I let my body wake me up when it's ready. Therefore, I'm currently holed up in the corner of the couch trying to make myself as inconspicuous as possible (a feat of epic proportions) while Jordan is cozying up asking me to "rea" to her, and Sean coaxes her from the kitchen to help him make "eddies" (eggies) so Mom can finish her bloggy stuff. (I really need to pen an updated word list. Some of the things coming from Jordan's mouth these days are pretty awesome.)

Not much of a point to this post. I do have a couple sitting in my drafts that have something similar to a direction to them, but like I said with the antsy and restless, I can't sit down long enough to finish them. Or start them, really. Instead here's some just-woke-up, still-in-my-jams, haven't-bothered-with-the-make-up-things, please-ignore-the-toddler-handprints-to-the-bottom-left, if-I-make-this-black-and-white-will-it-pass-for-artistic?, I'm-the-worst-blogger/photographer-ever evidence of 33 weeks along.


Philosophical workings, indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you can chalk up your philosophical musings to pregnancy brain. That's a real thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes blogging is just blah- honestly. I have no clue how it will all go for me by the end of this year either...if it's the same as last time...I may just have enough energy to get out of bed to eat and distract Mads with something or other. :)

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete