Friday, April 19, 2013

put it to a vote

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. I need YOU, and I'll tell you why: I'm challenged in the arena of trendy. I would really like to look cutepregnant, not hugepregnant (too late) or frumppregnant. I've composed two outfits. Be a dear and tell me which you think is more appropriate/less fashionably offensive? I apologize in advance for the self-timer portraits. Sean's already left for the day and Jordan still can't figure out the camera. (Isn't that kind of an important milestone?)

#1: Homemade Color Blocking


The seagreen dress is Old Navy and the aqua-ish shirt is aerie from ages ago. It's just an oversized tunic that I tied up under the bust, '90s style. The shoes are from Zara, purchased for a wedding I was in last year. (I would never be so bold as to buy these sky-highs for myself, but they are good to have on hand for fancywear. Please believe every word I tell you when I say I will change but immediately into flip flops for the reception. Tackiness be damned.)

#2: Paint it Black


This is one of my very favorite Anthropologie pieces that I own (total count = 4, so this dress is sooooo special right?) It's pretty old, but I like it as maternity (even though it's not, technically) because it cinches under the bust and just flows all free-style from there. Perfect for big huge bellies. I pulled out one of my sashes from I have no clue where, to give it something extra.

A quick word: there are NO picturesque photo spots in our apartment. Zero. And I wasn't about to hoof it outside for the 24 self-timer photos it took to get these two (not exaggerating), not even for you guys. I have neighbors you know. So you guys get to see a corner of our super cute comforter and a panel of our super cute wall.

Another word: cross my heart, I will be doing my hair AND makeup for the wedding! I promise! What you see here is 7:30 in the morning bedhead turned sidebun, and moisturizer swiped under the eyes to remove yesterday's eyeliner.

Tell me your thoughts. Spring Seagreen? Basic Black? Back to the drawing board?

20 comments:

  1. Outfit two! Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 - You really do look cute pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha. I though I liked the green. oops. I "shared" this on the blog's facebook page even though I know you are staunchly anti-facebook .......... we'll see vat they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like them both actually. The colors in #1 are so pretty but I like #2 as well. not helpful. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, FB stalker via Grace :) I like number 2- reminds me of my fav dress I got from Pea in a Pod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first reaction was black, but I like the green more and more as I go back and forth. I think that means you're going to look adorable-pregnant either way! Have so much fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #2 by a smidge and I think the shoes work well with both

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote black! Very classy and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Grace...I like number one...the green. Do you have any colorful necklaces to wear with it? That would add another punch of color. I am totally with you on the flip flops. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the green! You look great in both, but the aqua color really suits you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you look cute in both as well, but I would definitely go with the black one with a colorful necklace. It seems like, if you're going to be switching into flip flops for the reception (great call, by the way), it might be nice to have a slightly fancier-looking dress. I'm sure you'll look great either way. (also a FB stalker...sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so cute in both, however i am going to have to go with number one. i think it looks slightly more chic and bold with the color combo(very spring/summer) and looks awesome with the heels. the black is way cute too and i am so glad i get to see you in it in person. well i guess i see a lot of your outfits in person. i am the lucky one! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course you look great in both BUT I'm going to go with number one because those colors are fun and springy. :)

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like both, but for a wedding I vote for #2

    ...also here because Grace posted on le book :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're totally adorable -- love all the details of the fashion purchases -- too cute!
    I vote #2, and agree -- *with a colofrul necklace/accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blake picked green too. I had to ask. :)

    ReplyDelete