* Thankfully, a little less emotional. I'm thinking it's because I've been concentrating my efforts on more productive things than fighting off meltdowns at the realization that it's becoming harder to shave my legs over my burgeoning belly, or at my disappointment in picking a bad cantaloupe. Both are tragic, but they don't warrant ugly-cry-face. Instead, I'm cleaning house. I've already dropped off a boatload of stuff at the Goodwill, and the patio earned itself three trips to the dumpster. This is all much to Sean's bewilderment. As I enumerated the things I needed him to help me with he muttered: "This nesting thing...it's just the strangest phenomenon. It's like: your body is much more tired, but you always need to be doing more."
* Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes being conducted from within the confines of my uterus. This kid is already rivaling Jordan on the energy levels. In fact, I don't remember her being this active as early as this one started (about a month and a half ago). A couple days ago Sean cautiously put one finger on my bouncing belly and BAM, bulls-eye. He got kicked or punched or headbutted from within. He recoiled like he had just witnessed the extra-terrestrial emergence scene in Alien, and shrieked "DUDE! Is that going on all the time?" Yep.
* Jordan contorting herself to my changing body. She has become quite the snuggle bug lately. And while she's still lavishly applying kisses to her sibling's ever-expanding home, I'm pretty sure she still doesn't know what's going on. (Despite "there's a baby in there!" "can you kiss your sibling?" on obnoxious repeat.) Whatever the reason, she has upped her affection and I happen to love it...right now. But since I'm, uh, heartier in certain areas now, Jordan has graciously amended her hugging configuration to include throwing her arms about my neck, head upon my shoulder, and knees tucked right between the prospering belly and - I guess I'll just say it - the healthy rack, while legs and feet are buoyed up by her sibling.
Things I've been hearing...
* Younger Sister: "Yeah Jess...um...what happened? All the sudden you just got huge."
* Older Brother: "You look good though Jess. You're all belly. With Jordan I feel like it would've been easier for you to roll places than to walk."
* Sweetest Asian coworker with heavy accent: "Oh my gah, it's just like a big baw! (ball.) You so big!"
* Another coworker: "Uh, Jessie...you're supposed to be growing for another 3 1/2 months?"
I don't know what they're talking about. I'm very petite.
Please don't be offended on my behalf. I have a certain rapport with all of those people, and the belly comments only served to make me laugh heartily. (Particularly my brother. That's just exactly how we talk with one another.)
Things I've discovered...
* We're having a boy :) :) :)
ps (I'd include the ultrasound pic, but the doctor caught a particularly inappropriate angle...)